There is a thread on YouTube, 'Cooking With Dog'. Just type that in the search and you will get quite a few authentic recipes!
Anyway, I was watching the one on ramen and had a thought, what if I could incorporate some of these with just plain-ol cup ramen?!
Yeah, ok its probably not the healthiest thing to do, but sometimes you have to make due with what you have.
So here is what I did:
- popped Maruchan cup ramen (I LOVE Shrimp with Lime flavor) in the microwave for 3 minutes
- while ramen is cooking bring water to a boil
- by this time your ramen should be done, so let it sit in the microwave till you are ready for it.
- add 2 eggs and cook them for about 3 minutes. YOU WANT THEM TO BE SOFT BOILED... runny yokes.
- as soon as the 3 minute boiling is up IMMEDIATELY take the eggs out of the boiling water and place them into ice water. This will stop the cooking ;)
- you will want to let them cool for a minute or so.. but not too cool.
- crack the shell... ALLL OVER ... and peel it UNDER the water. I find that doing this makes it easier to remove the shell...
- BE CAREFUL you don't want to be too rough with the eggs, or you will get yoke all over your hands... hence the reason there is only one egg in my pics LMAO the other one kinda... died hahahaha
- anyway, then you want to CAREFULLY cut each egg in half. You will want to turn the egg on the end quickly after its cut so the yoke doesn't come out.
- finally, pour the ramen contents in a pretty bowl, add the eggs, and a little bit of pepper, and, VIOLA!
*NOTE: IF you squish an egg, THATS OK! still put it in the Ramen. For this particular flavor of ramen (Shrimp with Lime) the taste of the yoke REALLY adds an amazing touch.
At least in my opinion :P
|Sesame salad dressing||Supertaster||9||1 year 15 weeks ago|
|Authentic paella?||maki||10||1 year 16 weeks ago|
|IMPORTANT: If you have a blog on JustBento...||maki||2||1 year 19 weeks ago|
|Shiso - uses for this herb||Loretta||0||1 year 21 weeks ago|
|Fuki (Japanese Butterbur) Tsukemono Recipes||kumo||5||1 year 21 weeks ago|